Sunday, February 19, 2012

2nd Annual iPura Tweet & Blogfest At IBSS 2012

Last month, I threw down the Gauntlet of Poseidon and issued a challenge to all local bloggers, and now I have more information for my competition. In a few weeks, it will be time for the 2012 International Boston Seafood Show (IBSS), to be held March 11-13 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Hundreds of vendors connected to the seafood industry, from all across the world, will attend this fascinating trade show.

Last year, one of those vendors, iPura, which handles food safety, offered a challenge to local bloggers, the iPura Tweet & BlogfestThe concept was for local bloggers to tweet and blog about the IBSS and their writings would be assessed by an impartial judge, with the winner receiving $1000! Certainly a worthy prize and I am proud to say that I won last year's competition. Since then, and due to my achievement, I have self-proclaimed myself the Fish Head Whisperer.

This year, iPura has proudly announced their 2nd Annual iPura Tweet & Blogfest, and it is very similar to last year's competition, except even better. You should check out their post for all of the official rules but in short, you will be judged on the quality, content, creativity/originality, number of entries, and depth of your tweets and blog posts concerning the IBSS. If you win the competition, you will be awarded $1000! In addition, and new for this year's contest, they will also be awarding a special cash prize, to be determined soon, for the Best Coverage of "Seafood Sustainability."

As the reigning champion, I will be back to try to retain my crown and I am challenging all local bloggers to come out and try to dethrone me. It is a fun show, and there are tons of free seafood samples, more than enough to satiate any hunger. It is an excellent opportunity to learn more about seafood and should give you plenty of ideas for blog posts. So I hope that many of you come out to the show, and match your skills against me.

I have already written a post advising all would-be competitors how to defeat me. Yes, it is more tongue in cheek but there is some valuable information there as well. Plus, I will moderate a Twitter chat, using the hashtag #IBSS12, about the seafood show and competition on Monday, February 27, at 8pm. I will share my experiences at the show, give suggestions about attending and answer questions. A representative of iPura will be there too and can field questions about the contest and show as well. Hope to see you at the Twitter Chat as well as the seafood show.

No comments: