Friday, August 17, 2007

Washington & Oregon Wines

There are many excellent wines coming out of Washington and Oregon. Last year I had the opportunity to visit a number of Washington wineries and I brought home some of their wines. (I will actually be reviewing one of them very soon). In the future I do hope to visit Oregon as well. But, these wines are not as well known as they should be. So, I wanted to bring your attention to a free tasting tommorrow concentrating on these wines.

On Saturday, August 18, from 4-7pm, The Spirited Gourmet will be holding a tasting of wines from Washington and Oregon.

The wines will include:

Whites
Columbia Winery Cellarmasters Riesling (Washington) 2006
Cuvee A Amrita White (Oregon) 2006
Anne Amie Pinot Gris (Oregon) 2005

Reds
Underwood Pinot Noir (Oregon) 2005
Flying Fish Merlot (Washington) 2004
Gordon Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon (Washington) 2004

The Spirited Gourmet
600 Main St.
Winchester, MA
Phone: 781-721-WINE

2 comments:

Erin said...

That's great to see the Washington and Oregon wineries getting some attention out there. I have lived in Washington most of my life, but will shortly be moving to Portland. I'm really new to wine, as I'm only 22, but I have enjoyed what I've experienced so far from both states.

Richard Auffrey said...

Hello Erin and welcome! I had a great time in the Seattle area last year and looked forward to a future trip to Oregon. I think wine from both states will continue to gain in popularity, especially as their quality continues to grow.