Thursday, February 19, 2009

Skinner Wine Auction: March 13

As spring approaches, it is time once again for Skinner, a large auction house in Boston, to hold another wine auction. The auction will be held on Friday, March 13 at 6pm at their offices at 63 Park Plaza, Boston. Skinner’s retail partner in this venture is one of my favorite wine stores, Lower Falls Wine Co.

They have not posted the catalog of lots for the auction so I don't know exactly what will be offered. The catalog will likely be posted at the end of February. With a difficult economy, many of us won't have much extra money to bid on wine, but if you do, this might be the time to find some excellent bargains. There were bargains to be found at the prior auctions, and this one might offer even more bargains, especially as there might be less people around to bid.


The auction proceeds quickly and should not last more than two hours or so. I will likely attend the auction so maybe I will see some of my readers there. It is a fun event, even if you don't bid on anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there! I've been to every single Skinner wine auction so far and have no intention of missing this one!