Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ratatouille: The Movie

Two hours lost in Paris watching a Rat who wants to be a Chef! What a wondrous experience. Such a special pleasure for a foodie.

I watched "Ratatouille," the new Pixar/Disney animated film and thought it was a marvel. This is a movie that will definitely appeal to an adult audience, especially food lovers. The animation is excellent but then Pixar continually excels in that area. Each movie they create seems more real than the one before. The story is very good, the characters are well developed and there is much to laugh at. It lacks the silliness of Shrek. It is a more sophisticated humor though children should enjoy it as well. And the film has a very positive message.

The film has some excellent lines about food including how it can give a transcendent feeling. It is a film that I will definitely watch multiple times, savoring each additional viewing.

I highly recommend this film to all, especially fellow foodies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the review. I've been looking forward to seeing this for awhile now and I'm so excited to see it after reading your post! :)

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi Christine and welcome to my blog! I think you will definitely enjoy this movie. I cannot wait to see it again.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you provided us with a review! I would like to take my son, but I was worried that it would annoy me to death, and that it would be a "nap" movie (he watches, I slide into my comfy seat and nap). I'd read that there was a consulting chef (Thomas Keller, I think) so I was hopeful, but now I am certain.

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi and welcome Annie. Thomas Keller and Anthony Bourdain both contributed to the film and Keller even has a speaking role. Interestingly enough, in different countries, they use local big name chefs to voice various characters.